Saturday, May 18, 2013

Dwelling...

Last time I talked about not caring about Abercrombie & Fitch's desire to cater to the small and popular, today I found out those comments CEO Mike Jeffries made date back all the way to a 2006 interview according to this Shine article.

Give the man a break! I don't really remember any kind of fuss being made back then. That would be like pulling out the yearbook at your 20 year reunion to get mad about a snide comment someone wrote about you. Give it a rest people. We want to shame companies who cater to small people for not catering to larger sizes, yet we don't shame companies that specialize in large sizes and not small sizes? That would be like getting mad at a maternity store for not having regular clothes. It makes me sad to see that the world or really the US get so mad about this. 

I'm not even sure that I can say I'm glad to see that more people are accepting their bodies. Is this really about being fat or thin? Popular or unpopular? Or is this just people who are unhappy to be unhappy?

I don't think that he should have to apologize. You shouldn't have to apologize for having a target audience. That is just good business practice to have an audience and cater to them. Television networks do this and no one seems to complain about that. 

I'm sure for as long as there have been businesses there have been a group of people who felt like they were being left out. Stand out from the crowd be your own person. Stop dwelling on being different from the crowd. 

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment