Saturday, May 4, 2013

The joys of home...

I've been absent for the last few weeks because of well...buying a house. So it is still crazy in this house. It is nice to finally be able to truly nest. I mean I nested a little bit in the apartment but it just never felt right. It was hard to put things on the walls because I didn't want to fill nail holes. It would be really nice to get my eating schedule back on track because when we were moving it would be almost eight before I would eat just because we were trying to use all of the light that we could to get our stuff out of the apartment that didn't have any electricity, which meant that it didn't have air. Anyone who has been to Texas in late April knows that it is not okay to not have electricity especially when there is a storm line pushing through the area. That also made it difficult to move because we were moving in the backs of pickups and the last thing you want to deal with is a truck full of stuff when the sky opens up.

The first night that we moved the main goal was some clothes and the bed. And for awhile that was all I cared about, food, shower, bed. It was not well planned out because on the last trip to the apartment I was grabbing towels and soap and deodorant. In a mad dash because I was so sweaty the collar on my tshirt was starting to irritate me.

This past week has been a lot of fun. We had some plumbing problems that involved backing up of the toilet into the bathtub and the washer all over the floor. Luckily the nasty water was contained to the tub and the water out of the washer was clean.

The worst part of it was not having any food and not having time to go get any. We couldn't find the box with the food not that there was much of that to start with. Then when we did we were short of basics, milk, bread, eggs that kinda stuff. Tuesday after almost a week in the house living on sandwiches we finally made it to the store. Then we went Wednesday night because we had to take my mom who is recovering from back surgery. She hasn't really been to the store to buy for my two brothers who will be home for the summer in just a few days since January.

It is nice to just be able to sit down and take a deep breath and relax which we still haven't done. We got all the boxes off the front porch yesterday in part because there were 35-40 mile per hour gusts of winds yesterday and I was sick of going into the neighbor's yard to get the boxes. I left the packing peanuts all over the place. It is nice to have a blue trash can that I can put my bags in and once a week drag it to the end of the driveway and leave it for someone else. That was the worst part of the apartment having to walk all the way to the other end of the complex to take the trash. We never went that way which never really made it convenient to take it. ( I know excuses excuses)

I think that I'm going to go scramble up some eggs and have a delicious sandwich.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment