Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy Friday!

I have to admit that it feels good to know that today is Friday. There are a few things that I had meant to accomplish this week and well that just fell through.  That however is nothing unusual for me.

I like lists. I really like to make lists. It makes me feel that I have accomplished things. Especially at work. I like to know what I need to accomplish in a certain amount of time. Like when my boss is gone he will usually leave us a list of things that each person needs to accomplish. In those cases it also helps us to keep each other in line. If you know what someone else needs to get done then you can encourage them when they are not doing anything.

I spend more time making lists to try and get myself to accomplish things but they don't always help. And it doesn't help that it seems like all of a sudden my spell check doesn't seem to work on anything.

I'm getting really sick of people complaining about how much student debt they have. In my very bold opinion this really seems to be a case of parents not telling their children no. If you can't afford to go to a school without spending a fortune that you obviously don't have maybe you should rethink what you are planning to do. I graduated with $14,500 in student loan debt on three different loans and two different interest rates. I am half way through my repayment period and have less than $600 left to pay on them. In only 32 payments I have paid almost $14,000 back and I don't complain about it. During that time I've also paid off 29 of 60 payments on a car and put a down payment on a house and you know what, I'm still working in a job where I punch the clock.

I don't have the cushy corner office that most people are expecting when they graduate because they've picked a career based on those highly inflated starting salary lists. I've done a lot I never thought I'd do to make the rent like vacuum my boss's office or carry rocking chairs in and out of the building. I answer phones and answer mundane and stupid questions. You do what you have to do. I still haven't gotten the job that I wanted but I am working hard to accomplish that goal. I'm hoping that soon I can start posting pictures of my classroom, keep that in your thoughts if you want to.

Every once in awhile you have to make concessions about college and a job. Some times you have to put pride aside annd take a job

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment