Saturday, June 15, 2013

Epic movies

Good evening.

I am still a little upset with Doctor Who. I'm not really ready to let go of another Doctor. I didn't really care for the Ninth doctor, and ten was fun but eleven really has been my Doctor for most of viewing experience. I've actually been catching up with older episodes because we got a totally awesome DVR which I've eaten crow about because I said we really didn't need one. (I secretly love it though. And as soon as my husband leaves to go to the movies I'm gonna watch an episode of hoarders and clean the house.)

There were a few episodes I liked, the space Titanic seemed to have some parallels to the original  The Poseidon Adventure which I have to say is an epic movie. Also another epic movie to check out is The Towering Inferno, and yes I really do like movies with story lines full of danger. I haven't seen all of the second one but come on it has Steve McQueen. I've only seen one movie that he was in that didn't impress me, it did however get me some points in a military history class. (Not that they were actual points or anything.)

I have taken on the task of starting to repaint the house. I have gotten the hall painted and it will probably need to be repainted a second time but that will have to wait because the return air vent is in the hall and it sucks fumes all through the house. I also have to find a flat head screw driver to take the thermostat off of the wall. I've gotten paint all around it and a little on the bottom but I want to paint now in case we ever have to change it out. The real challenge is taping off the trim in the living and dining room. I didn't do that in the hall because there is so much trim with four doors in an eight foot hall plus the entry to the dining room is trimmed so it really makes it five doors in one hall.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment