Thursday, May 5, 2016

30 Before 30...Great Expectations

Oh my goodness. This is one of those books that I've been reading since I was a freshman in high school. I think that we were supposed to read it during the Christmas break and I did my best to work on it but I just couldn't finish it.

This is one of those books that it starts to drag and there aren't any good action sequences to pick it up. There are some great characters that are classic.

Pip is a great character who you get to watch as they grow up. You see as he changes from a simple country boy to a man who realizes that there is more to life than money. He only realizes this after he comes into money, uses it irresponsibly, and then loses what little he had left. He loses the love of onr or two women.

I hate to spoil a book. I know that this is terrible review but it was a book that I struggled to read. I struggled the first time that I read it and on rereading this book I knew exactly how far I had gotten the first time. What I had read was a breeze on the second reading. I'm sure that if I did choose to read it again, it would be awesome.

The subtle love story was great and I love that for once the story doesn't end the way you think it would. I really only read it because I wanted to check it off my list and I wanted to finish it.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment