Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Love...

Love is one of those words that means so much to so many people.

It has really come up lately more in the some times you just do it because it is what is right. That love that you show your family. The getting up at the crack of dawn on your day off to go do something. Or going day after day to the hospital to sit with a loved one just so that they aren't there by themself.

1 John 3:18 "My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth."

The basis of this is on a shirt that my brother gave me that says "Love is the action."

That has been speaking to me a lot this week that that is how we should love those around us not by what we say but what we do for those around us. That really starts to hit home as we start the downhill trek towards Christmas and we see so much that we don't want to.

We will watch on the day after Thanksgiving as people push and shove and fight over cheap laptops and big screen tvs and it makes me sad. I can't even say less than 24 hours after the day where we are supposed to talk about all the things that we are thankful for are people so angry and hostile.

My goal for the remainder of this year is to show love more than I have in the last few months. To start to renew some hope in the human race. To remind people that there are still a few souls out there that are willing to do something not because of what they will get in the end but because they know at heart that they should love all no matter what.

And I promise that I am trying to work on my 30 before 30 list. I may have to pull it up and see what I should start trying to read.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment