Saturday, March 8, 2014

Watching tv...

Friday and Saturday nights are really about watching a couple hours of shows from the DVR. Right now we are watching Thursday's episode of Hannibal and every episode I tell myself that I'm quitting the show. That no matter what I"m not going to watch this one anymore. It moves far too slow for my taste. I know that there are long term arcs and plots that take time to develop. I guess what I've come to know about mysteries is that you've got sixty minutes from the murder to the time that the case is closed. This doesn't have that. The same murder may last several episodes, some may span almost the whole season. It irks me that you get to 45 or 50 minutes in and you still haven't gotten to who the killer is or you might know who it is but someone always seems to get to the killer before the FBI.

The one thing that I truly love about the show besides some of the actors is the coloring. Lighting that they use has this vintage feel to it and it makes you feel like this is happening in the sixties. Hannibal has this retro vibe that makes him classic and timeless. I don't truly like Mads Mikkelsen, there is just something about him that I don't care for which helps with him playing Hannibal because I don't think that you're supposed to like him, unless you may be a psychopath. I like Anthony Hopkins in Hannibal but I like him for the voice.

I will keep up with it for a little while to see if Will makes it out of the infamous Baltimore cell which sadly is not the one that you can expect to see Hannibal in a few years down the road.

I just hate that they don't put reruns on. I obviously missed a few episodes in the fall to see what happened that Will ended up behind bars for.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment