Saturday, September 5, 2009

Lazy Afternoon...

It's one of those lazy afternoons that you just want to sit around. Sit there looking to see what's going on in the world but don't want to be any part of it. I just wish that I could see a window from here, the closest I can get is some reflections from the front windows on the ceiling but it may also be from the floor lamps in the furniture department. I can't really tell from here. I just wish that they would change the channel so that I can watch something that I haven't already seen 15 times this summer.

I guess that's kinda what got me hooked on my fiance. We spent a lazy Saturday afternoon sitting on the bench outside of what is now my office watching tv. It sounds crazy but that's where it all began, on a park bench in electronics department. He does our DirecTV installations, deliveries and some generalized appliance repairs. We kinda deal in one stop shopping minus the bananas.

But I've also learned that lazy afternoons without the bosses turn into Monday morning headaches. The kind that make you wish you had a hangover because it would be less painful. Most of the time when you get in trouble, you hear it from everyone all day long. There is no escaping getting in trouble and you pray that they don't pull your time card because that means serious trouble. (I just want to know who keeps messing with mine.)

Maybe I should consider doing some work on this lazy afternoon to take my mind off my work woes.

No comments:

Post a Comment