Saturday, September 5, 2009

Maybe I told a lie...

I decided that I would fill out the profile and was sorely disappointed when I got to occupation. There are very few options here, so I chose best I could which would be consulting. I do that. I consult on appliances, electronics, some lawn equipment, Stihl products, Verizon Wireless Cellular service, and have very limited knowledge of DirecTV. This is a daily occurence to have to deal with any of these things.

I use my college education to sell appliance lawnmower parts. To sell phone service to people who probably don't need it. To field calls from angry customers who have used and abused what they paid for with hard earned dollars and now have broken things. Also to field calls for my boss and also my fiance (two completely different people by the way). On three different lines, which means that I have to pay attention to which line I'm answering to make sure that I use the correct greeting.

But after looking at the list it seems like your average Joe isn't allowed to blog or even invited to be one of the chosen few. They may blog but it seems like they should be left on the fringes of the blogosphere to do what everyone else does freely. I didn't find one that suited me. One that I felt that I could honestly say, "yes that's me" because they just seem to be so different from what I'm doing with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment