Friday, June 24, 2011

Holy jalepenos...

Yeah that's how I feel about this week. I wish that I could say that I have a...wait I do have a good excuse for why I've been busy. It is important to know that right now in Texas everywhere in Texas the grass is crispy and as Robin Williams said in Good Morning Vietnam, 'it's hot, it's damn hot.'

That being said there are currently 16 active fires in the state right now and that changes from day to day. I think that this week that is the smallest number one day there were 22 and most of them were new. It is bad enough that even fires as small as one acre are on the website check it out if you're wondering.

I was glad to see that after a month the one up near Amarillo is finally out. The updates aren't coming as fast for the local one after we had a good little shower come through for a few hours it gave them plenty of time to get it under control. There were firefighters from 48 different agencies and from as far away as Alaska. That is crazy.

I have seen something amazing and I will try and get some pictures tomorrow. But we have been set up as a donation drop-off for the Red Cross. There are more clothes than I have ever seen and more to come. They actually had to turn away a truck full because we have no more room for them. Blankets and sheets and all kinds of things. I know that I am leaving in the middle of the story but I really can't stay any longer tonight.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment