Monday, September 16, 2013

The worst time of the day...

I have determined over the last few days that 3 o'clock has to be the most insufferable time of the day.

That of course is just my opinion but if you really think about it in the grand scheme of working a 9-5 job it is terrible. First it is smack dab in the middle of the afternoon which means that is about the time your lunch has started to fade and it is really a little too late to have much of a snack. This food timing is only made worse by going to lunch at eleven because you drew the short straw.

If you're like me some times you indulge a little too much at lunch and are a little miserable when you come back. So around three is usually the time that I've either finally found my motivation or I've finally gotten everything cleaned up from lunch. Some times where I work things blow up between 11 and 1 or 2 depending on how many people are working, but if there is someone at lunch it will go crazy. So if you've finally found that motivation, depending on the size of the project you really can't start it.

Personally I hate to get in the middle of a project before I have to leave work. I want to be able to sit down and finish what I'm working on and not have it hanging over my head. I don't like leaving some of the little details on the table, I want it to be finished just in case something were to happen to me. I hate to think in such a negative light but I want to be honest with the fact that I know that tomorrow is no guarantee.

It is almost as bad as 10am. That goes about the same way except that at 11 my boss goes to lunch and then it goes downhill from there. He goes to lunch, then I go when he comes back and then when I get back there are a bunch of things that probably need to get wrapped up and then it's three and there is really no coming back from there. Then there is this horrible drag from about 4:15 to 4:40. Then all of a sudden you find your groove and then all of a sudden you look up, there are no lights on and it's after five.

So tomorrow at 3 if you just aren't feeling it, know that you aren't alone.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment