Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Where I come from...

Where I come from seems like such an easier topic to put in music than to put into words however I will take the challenge and end it with a music vid if I find a good one.

I'm from a small town in Texas. It has never hurt my feelings when someone hands me a dirty old chainsaw, there is something ever so familiar and magical about the way a greasy grimy chain smells or the exhuast off of a two cycle engine.

I love the smell of hay and I don't mind sittin' on a haybale or in front of a good ole' bonfire. The smell of burning leaves on fall nights.

I still remember spending Saturday mornings walking on the catwalks at the auction barn and watching them move cattle from one pen to another, the smells, the sounds all of that is part of who I am. I love to spend time picking peas in the garden. I would rather sit on the ground with my hands in the dirt to plant flowers and pull weeds than do just about anything else.

My mimi was a library in an elementary school so just be prepared for there to be tons of books in my home. And trust me no matter how damaged they are they aren't going anywhere. I can promise that I've only thrown away two books in my entire life and that was because they had significant water damaged from an overflowed toilet. There was no way to salvage them and I lost a good coffee table book.

Books to me are precious an each one opens up a different world and a different set of emotions. One day I will finish writing a book and try to publish it. (I will let y'all know when that happens.)

I am messy by nature and my house will never make it into the pages of any magazine simply because I can't keep it clean. I try and try and usually just end up cleaning the same things over and over again and never moving onto anything else.

A walk in the pasture is good enough for me. Sitting on the banks of the tank feeding catfish inside a square of pvc pipe. I really am just a small town girl.

I'm not ever going to be a Jimmy Choo wearing city girl. That isn't for me. It never has been and I'm pretty sure that it never will be.

Those are the things that remind me of where I come from.



love ya!




No comments:

Post a Comment