Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Christmas....

I started on a bit of a tangent at the end of my last post because of the impending Christmas season. It makes me nauseous to think that Christmas is 17/18 weeks away. That in no time flat we will be faced with ugly little Santas peaking around the corners of aisles.

I can't stand to see Santas. I can't even stand the thought of forcing a child to sit on a mall Santa's lap. It just gives me the creeps and takes away from the holiday season. At Christmas I was always more concerned with getting to ride in the train than to see Santa, now there is no train they just have an ice skating rink...or they did. I'm not sure if they still have it since there is now an ice skating rink in town. But I loved the train. It was a just a giant train made out of that hard plastic. I have no idea how much it cost but I loved it. I have no idea why that was always my favorite part of Christmas.

I loved watching Grandma getting out the stockings for everyone and hanging them up on the bookshelf in the office. Knowing that I was going to get a kitty cat stocking hanger and that my cousin would get a puppy dog for our matching Raggedy Ann and Andy stockings.

But I really just hate the way that Christmas is so commercialized now. I can't even stand getting out my own Christmas decorations and putting them up for people to see because there just isn't any desire in my heart or mind to do so. I love to go to Hobby Lobby and look at the Christmas ornaments that are separated out by color. I used to love going to the department stores and look at all the Christmas trees that were just covered in ornaments and no matter what they always looked beautiful. Now there's two trees covered in ornaments shoved over in a corner with some gaudy Santas and nutcrackers.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment