Thursday, July 14, 2011

Enjoying the time...

I think that is one of those things that I really forget about a lot of the time is to just enjoy what I have. These last few weeks and the last two years have been about that. There are things that I really just forget about that I should stop and think about what is going on and just to enjoy the time.

I look back at the times that me and Just a Boy would spend the evening snuggled up on a twin size daybed watching whatever his brother had on the tv. Or just snuggled up on the couch with all the lights off watching the fish in the fist tank. That has to be one of the most peaceful things on earth to just sit and watch a few fish in a fish tank swim around. To see the pecking order of a different world, one that you truly don't understand how it runs.

We spent most of the afternoon with Just a Boy's grandmother taking her to get some diabetic supplies. I think that the best part of the day was when we turned around at the edge of town to go back and go get ice cream at Ben & Jerry's which truly makes me happy. A few years ago when we went to Washington DC that was my one request before we left was to get B&J's at a scoop shop or eat Chinese food, sadly we ate Chinese food at the food court in Union Station. It is debatable on whether that was a better choice. I was in severe need of food because the hotdog I ate at 10:30 was not enough to sustain me until 2:45 when we turned around. I'm not sure if the sweet cream and cookies was that good or if I was just that hungry, but it was a good choice. I thought that it wouldn't be the best idea because it's basically cookies and cream and that has a tendency to be a little blah at times. I'm waiting for the day that someone decides to make cookies and cream ice cream using the mint Oreos.

Right now I'm just trying to motivate myself off of the couch to do the dishes or clean up the living room. But I really want to see a bean burrito stuck on the end of Speedy Gonzalez' nose. Until that happens I don't know if I will be able to get off the couch because well obviously my husband has never seen Daffy Duck's Fantastic Island.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment