Saturday, July 30, 2011

Saturday at home....

It has been a long time since I've spent a Saturday at home without having to go somewhere or having any previous engagements. This is only because last night Just a boy and I went to the wedding of one of my oldest friends.

There were a few elements that I thought were pretty unique. They did not have a unity candle but they took two vials of colored sand (black and white) and the bride and groom poured them into a container to represent how they were becoming one and that they could no longer be separated and then the pastor poured purple over the top when they were done to represent the addition of Christ in their relationship. Another unique element that I think is specific to the venue is that on the inside doors of the church they have their names on the doors. I guess for those who are unsure of which side is for the bride and which is for the groom. It was really a beautiful venue.

They had the wedding ceremony in the chapel and the reception in the carriage house. I wish that I had taken pictures and I had planned to do that but for some reason when I got there I just couldn't pull the camera out. I was more concerned with snuggling up with Just a boy and being truly happy for my friend.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment