Monday, October 8, 2012

Cleaning...

I have been working on a desperate attempt to clean my house up...mainly because I am sick of getting crap from the exterminator about the ants that my dirty apartment leads to the ants that live in my bathtub and among my shoes in my closet. Yeah you heard me that dirty downstairs leads to ants in the closet and the bathtub.

So my first goal was to get the dining room table cleaned off which happened. Mainly because I put things in new piles on the floor because I can't part with magazines that I haven't read and I keep thinking that I may do something crafty with or donate them to something. Yeah they will probably just will end up sitting on the floor until I put them in a box and carry them to another place. I had three years of Teen Vogue in my cabinets when I left my mom's house so I keep magazines for way longer than I should.

Anyway, after all the stress of working on the table I immediately covered it up with every once of food that is in my kitchen so that I could assess the contents of my pantry. And well I have the following:

8 pounds of sugar
4 pounds of brown sugar
2 1/2 jars of molasses
10 cans of peaches
1 dozen packs of ramen noodles
3 boxes of assorted crackers
3 dozen cans of green beans, corn and other canned vegetables

Everything is now on the table and meals are now decided based on whatever is the most accessible. I did throw away some popcorn that said 2009, a box of out of date fake pop tarts, some mixed nuts that my mom gave me after my wedding, jar of macadamia nuts that are from the dollar store so no telling how old they were to start with. A can of sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk, I'm not really sure it was so old that it wasn't worth looking for a date on because it is the old style of Wal-Mart labeling from before they went to the solid white labels. It was a rejected can from my mother's pantry. I still haven't gotten fully into the cooking thing because I have a tiny kitchen and one day when it is clean I will have to post a picture of it.

There are still dishes all over the place and all my canisters are open and in need of cleaning because of a fish tank accident. They may have a rubber seal on them but that does not make them waterproof. I will try to be on here as much as possible over the next few weeks as much as my internet will allow. Gotta keep my options open.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment