Sunday, January 16, 2011

Just enjoying the rain...

I really still am enjoying the rain and I can't believe that there are people who are down on it. I'm just not wanting to see yellow grass for the rest of the year. I love that right now that you'll be driving along and all you can see is yellow grass and gray skies and then there will be this one field of beautiful green grass where someone happened to plant for the winter and it just looks amazing.

Of course this is also coming from someone who really loves color so maybe it's just me that thinks that that is one of the best things to see in the winter. It just isn't what you expect to see during the plain and dull winter that sudden pop of color. I think that I will be taking myself out of this for a little bit so that I can wash dishes and check on the babies since we are in the middle of cleaning the tank. This is out of necessity because it hasn't been cleaned since we moved in last March. They are a little nastier than we thought and it started with Tater getting stuck in one of the plants so we decided to pull it out and that released a storm cloud of vile dirt and disgusting things. We also had to pull out something else because Dolly has been using it to hide so much that she no longer swims in a vertical manner but more of an oblique line.

I'm also currently enjoying looking at gowns that Queen Elizabeth wore and it makes me wish that fashion today was the same as it was back then. There is just something about them that makes me wish that we had the same kind of fashion sense that was there in the 40s and the 50s and the early part of the 60s. I really don't want to go into it until I have pics to back up what I'm saying.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment