Monday, January 31, 2011

Oh my my my...

I just haven't had the chance to sit down and write. I've been working on an afghan and I really hit that point where I'm close to the end of the alotted time and too far from where I need to be. I have 60 more squares and then I have to try and get it all together. I've never put one together so it will be a crazy time in my house. It was bad enough when I was first learning to make granny squares but I have gotten better enough so that I can actually take them with me. It is good but now I have too much yarn and too many squares to take both with me.

Then when I started looking at my squares some of them are the same number or rounds but some how are smaller than the other squares. Then I have some ziggy ones that just come from the yarn not beeing as stiff as the other ones. So usually with the softer yarns I try to make sure that I get those tighter and then they inevitably end up smaller. I also have realized that there is an abundance of girly pinkish squares that I'm not quite sure if my grandaddy will appreciate. Then I have some yarn that is baby yarn which I have not been able to find at any store which I don't want to use because it seems smaller, I think that it says that it is fingerling weight which I don't exactly know what that means. Haven't had a chance to look it up.

Wow! That woman that is going to be on What Not to Wear tomorrow is something else. Super cute!

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment