Sunday, December 2, 2012

The complicated love story...

I really can't believe that it has been close to a month since I was on her. There have been a lot of things going through my mind about what I want to write about. I've been pondering things like what does it mean to write the great American Novel, the rush of the last quarter holidays and clothes. I know some really heavy stuff there.

I've been reading on Doctor Zhivago for quite awhile now and know that some of the major problems I have with that book is the alternating and intertwined stories that at times can be difficult to follow, I think that the only reason I have been able to follow it because of a severe love for that movie. I think about that quite a bit when I am writing because I love the complicated story but also the complicated love story.

The complicated love story is one that always impresses me and seems to make critics and readers think that a novel tends to be on the trashy side because of that. Look at the great European novels, they are complicated and so well written there is no trade off. Hatred of a complicated novel comes from an inability to understand or even to keep up with what is going on. In reality life is complicated and that means that love is going to be complicated. I will have to come back to this because I have gotten a little distracted on Facebook.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment