Monday, May 17, 2010

Don't get me wrong...


I love my husband with every ounce of my being but my wedding wasn't exactly perfect. But I think that is hollywood's fault.


We see weddings in movies that have endless budgets and endless people to make it happen. I can't tell you how many emotional breakdowns there were before the wedding trying to get it ready. Even one in front of my future brother-in-law that was just way more than it should have been. But I'd had it with everyone telling me how they were going to decorate for my wedding. I wanted it my way and I was tired off my little tail feathers and wanted it over. That was the point where you wish you had just eloped.


But my husband told me many times that he knew that I wouldn't be happy if we eloped and he wanted me to be happy. But there was a small part of me that knew that I would be resentful if I didn't have a real wedding, even if the preacher said the wrong name.


I remember that once we locked eyes as I was walking down the aisle, we never took them off each other. There was no way that I could take my eyes off him because I knew that I just couldn't. Maybe if I can get the pictures from my mom, I'll put some up here. I only have a few that I shot before the wedding.


No comments:

Post a Comment