Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just looking at the pictures...

I love pictures.

I see life through the view finder of a camera.

I like to look at the world as though I were taking pictures.

As a child, I remember sitting on the couch at my grandparents looking at the pictures in National Geographic. Those striking images are the ones that filled my childhood and showed me what the world was like. It may have been the view of the photographer but those were the ones that pushed me to see life differently. Even now as I'm sitting on the couch, I'm thinking about how I would take the picture to describe what I'm doing, what I would want the caption in the magazine to read.

But more than anything as the years have progressed I wished that there was a way for me to have a camera in a set of glasses so that I could take the picture of what I see and it be in the same frame. I know that is how a regular camera works but I want the pictures to have my hands in them. I want the hands in the picture because to me that is truly seeing the picture through the eyes of the photographer. Literally seeing exactly what the photographer sees without being instrusive.

There are angles that can't always be achieved with having to put your camera to your eye to take it. Then again taking the best picture might not always be one that is achieved in an easy position. Even in movies I think that they lack personality when it shows it from a third person perspective. I like first person perspective.

I haven't really had time to spend on here and it pains me. I wish that I could squeeze a few more hours into the day because I really miss hearing the sound of the keys tapping away. I hate not having the words to say everything that is pounding in my head and pulling me away from what I'm trying to do. I haven't had a day off since Thanksgiving and before that it was Labor Day. I'm burnt out and my day off hasn't been my day off in a long time. Then I have to worry that if I put up four or five posts that it would ruin the way that it flows. Then again I don't want to put up one insanely long post where you have to wonder if there is a pit stop because you can't see the end of the post and you really have to potty.

love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment